12 Sep Marina One Residences – Ride Marina Bay’s ascent
Prime district investor
A few days ago, a client told me that he is right now eyeing a unit in Hilltops by SC Global. He is what I would classify as the traditional prime district investor – always on the lookout for properties in the Orchard area. Because of his busy schedule, he had missed the good deals at The Vermont on Cairnhill back in July when prices were heavily slashed by the developer. All the two bedroom units were snapped up within days of the discount. Instead of focusing solely on the Orchard area, I shared with him that he should also evaluate other property investment strategies (not just investing in the Orchard shopping belt) and consider developments like Vision Exchange and the highly watched and anticipated integrated project, Marina One Residences that will open for preview from 13 September 2014.
Marina One: Temasek & Khazanah joint venture
Back in 2010, Singapore and Malaysia sealed a historic land swap deal. In exchange for railway land owned by Malaysia that runs through Singapore, Singapore will give a Malaysia-Singapore joint venture six land parcels near the CBD. This joint venture entity is called M+S Pte Ltd. Two of the land pacels are in the Ophir-Rochor area and is the site for the integrated project called DUO that was launched for sale (residential portion) back in November 2013. The remaining four land parcels are at the Marina Bay area.
Marina One Residences, as part of the Marina One integrated development, will be sited here. If you study the map, Marina One is effectively sited in the epicenter of Marina Bay with the best connectivity. It is within short walking distance to 3 MRT stations which in turn connects the traveller to 4 different MRT networks.
Marina One: Fly through video
Marina One: Specs
Marina Bay is Singapore’s vision of a ‘Garden City by the Bay’ and its aspirations to be a global financial hub. Marina One Offices sits at the heart of this new financial district connected to Singapore, Asia and the rest of the world. This is a space where information and ideas are exchanged and deals are done. The specs for Marina One are certainly impressive.
- 1.88 million sq. ft. net premium Grade A office space
- Typical floor plates ranging from 34,000 sq. ft. to 40,000 sq. ft.
- Two high density floors of approximately 100,000 sq. ft. each – the largest Grade A office floor plate in Singapore with panoramic views on Levels 28 and 29
- 3m clear floor to ceiling height (4m on high density floors)
- 150mm raised flooring (350mm on high density floors)
- Knock out panels for inter-floor connectivity
- Generous core-to-window span
- A 300-pax capacity auditorium with pre-function area
- Two 122-person meeting rooms that could be joined to provide up to 244-person room
- Bicycle parking lots and shower facilities
- LEED Platinum Pre-Certified and BCA Green Mark Platinum Certified
- Live, work and play within an integrated development with approximately 140,000 sq. ft. net retail – The Heart and 1,042 luxury residential units – Marina One Residences
- Only integrated development to be flanked by two green parks – Central Linear Park and Marina Station Square
- Only integrated development in the city with a biodiversity garden at its core – The Green Heart, approximately 65,000 sqf. ft. lush greenery on Level 1
- Sky Terrace Gardens – The Oasis, approximately 30,000 sq. ft. living green with mist pool on Level 4
- Event spaces – The Pulse, which is up to approximately 50,000 sq. ft. on Levels 1 & 2, injecting life and buzz into The Heart
- Two signature restaurants nestled within The Oasis
- Wide range of F&B and lifestyle retail services including a gym, supermarket and food court
Marina One Residences: Specs
Located in a highly coveted location, Marina One Residences is Marina Bay’s definitive luxury residential address. Surrounded by two lush green parks alongside Marina One’s own Green Heart, Marina One Residences offers the rare opportunity for park-like luxury living right at the city’s heart.
- Luxurious residences offering 1/2/3/4-bedroom and penthouses
- Connected to 4 MRT lines (North South, Circle, Downtown and upcoming Thomson Lines) and accessible to major expressways
- Close proximity to Marina Bay Sands, Gardens by the Bay, Esplanade Theatres on the Bay, Singapore Flyer, Fullerton Heritage, luxury F&B and retail avanues
- 65,000 sq.ft. of lush greenery at the Green Heart
- Wide-array of recreational facilities including 50m lap pool, 200 sq.m. gymnasium, private dining rooms, Teppanyaki terraces, etc.
- Panoramic views to the sea, Marina Bay Sands, Gardens by the Bay and lush greenery of the Green Heart
Alternative Investment Strategy
Marina Bay is the centrepiece of Singapore’s urban transformation that will support its continuing growth as a major business and financial hub in Asia. This new financial district offers significant growth that will transform and further extend the city towards Marina South and Greater Southern Waterfront to create a new Waterfront City.
An investment in Marina One will ride on the Singapore government’s plan to bring to fruition, the vision it has for Marina Bay. There are a lot of great things to look forward to in time to come and it explains PM Lee’s bullish stance on Marina One – “Marina One is going to be an iconic part in the middle of Singapore’s new business district for many, many, more years to come. It would be a new project that both Singapore and Malaysia would be proud of.“. This is a powerful endorsement from our PM Lee.
This investment angle is very different compared to the traditional approach of investing in the prime Orchard Road area. One is dependent on the feel good factor coming back into the high end market whilst a Marina Bay strategy is to ride on the government’s transformation plan for that area.
I ended my conversation with my client by asking him this question, “as an astute property investor, which strategy would you choose right now?”.
What would you do? Would you ride on Marina Bay’s ascent? Let’s chat.
The preview for Marina One Residences starts 13th September 2014 with sales expected to start about one month after that.